 Trains / 21763
Re: Bogie design (coupler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:14:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
I do agree that the 1x4 plate is funny here, but it also have me another
idea: it would be great if it was possible to move in it as close to the
bogie body, and the constructions becomes one stud longer (3 studs of the
1x4 under the 1x5).

Ah, suddenly I do understand what you ment here, but unfortunately this would
not fit. A 4263 Technic Plate  1 x  4 with Holes under the 2711 Technic Rotor 2
Blade with 2 Studs (with one hole and 2 studs overlap, and only the other hole
extending) would require for the innermost round end of the 4263 Technic Plate
1 x  4 with Holes, to lean against the studs of the 9V Train Wheel, and the
diameter of the round end is to large for this. It's diameter is the same as the
narrow rim on a 4073 Plate  1 x  1 Round, and this "overlaps" the studs around
it.

That's why I suggested the 2905 Technic Triangle in my pervious post, measured
along it's shortest axis it's only 3 studs long.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.