 Trains / 21760
Re: Bogie design (coupler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:33:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
   I think it is time that I give my point of view here.

I made some tests using a 6x1 plate (w/4 studs) and some funny things for testing, and this IS the solution I need. I just realise one little thing by now - I need a 3,5 offset :-) Sorry for that.

Maybe you could lengthen it with part #2905: Technic Triangle, if you don’t mind that somewhere inside or under your nose it’s sticking out sideways

   I do agree that the 1x4 plate is funny here, but it also have me another idea: it would be great if it was possible to move in it as close to the bogie body, and the constructions becomes one stud longer (3 studs of the 1x4 under the 1x5).

I have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about here, we probably need a picture or Ldraw file to understand in what direction you’re thinking here.

   Unfortunately this is not possible :-(

I was playing around with some ideas, and 2,5 or 3,5 studs offset works fine. I just need to find a solution. I seem to be a bit short of time cause of christmas, but hope to go on with this some time soon.

Keep us informed then. I wish you succes.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen