 Trains / 21725
Re: Bogie design (coupler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:29:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi all!

I am working on a new train, and I am blocked with the bogie design.
It is a standard small bogie 6x4, but I do not use a normal coupler, as I do not
want the buffers, secondly, the coupler must a bit away from bogie it self,
something like 2,5 studs.

Have you tried using one of these?
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3176

No, but it does not meet my need.

It does center it, but it does not give the 1/2 stud offset I need in the other
direction.
Also:
1) I cannot attach a beam to it and keep in in position.
2) using it as an extension is not an option as it is too wide (2 studs - well
1,5 from center) - and in the end of the car I can only allow one stud. That
means some kind of tiny beam.

BR

Sorry didn't see the reply to ross when i wrote my other mail

how about something along this line
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/bogie2.gif

This still does not give you the 2.5 stud distance but might be a good starting
point to go from.
a couple of questions, do you want to use the magnet as a coupler and what do
you mean by attatching a beam?

tim