 Trains / 21738
Re: Bogie design (coupler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:22:32 GMT

One question I had about this particular one, I’m not seeing the need for the red 4 stud link, I didn’t think this application required that much distance from the truck to the coupler. why not mount the coupler directly on the embedded rotor blade?

I got the impression that that was what he was aming for, I wasn’t certain that it would work tho as the coupling could just swing any which way. You could mount the coupling straight on the rotor arm but it wouldn’t be at Lego™ standard height then.

The renderings are just straight image saves from MLCad, did them at work in secret (Lego is a bit geek, Lego trains are double geek!)

I might take you up on your offer/challenge to do an FTX page but I’ll have to do a bit more content.

Tim