 Trains / 21756
Re: Bogie design (coupler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:00:39 GMT

Tim David <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Hp3116.1Cp@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
Even better: by using this part: Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 2 Studs

<<LDrawPart(2711:7)>>

you can achieve the desired 2,5 stud offset, by putting two Plates  1 x • 1
Round under the part (one in the hole at one of the ends and the other • right
next to it) Place it in such a way that the round tiles fit centered • between
the 4 studs on the recessed middle part of a 9V trainwheel. The studless
middle of "Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 2 Studs" allows you to place the • Train
Bogie Plate on top (The edge of the Bogie Plate would interfere with a • stud
if you use one of the "1 stud whide" Technic Plates)

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

You mean like <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/talltim/Extras/bogie3.gif
this>, very clever, you've done this before, haven't you! I wondered about • the
strength at first but the fact that the stud on top of the "Technic Rotor • 2
Blade with 2 Studs" meshes with the bottom of the bogie plate just adds • that
extra rigidity.¬ Tim

I think it is time that I give my point of view here.

I made some tests using a 6x1 plate (w/4 studs) and some funny things for
testing, and this _IS_ the solution I need.
I just realise one little thing by now - I need a 3,5 offset :-) Sorry for
that.

I do agree that the 1x4 plate is funny here, but it also have me another
idea: it would be great if it was possible to move in it as close to the
bogie body, and the constructions becomes one stud longer (3 studs of the
1x4 under the 1x5).
Unfortunately this is not possible :-(

I was playing around with some ideas, and 2,5 or 3,5 studs offset works
fine. I just need to find a solution. I seem to be a bit short of time cause
of christmas, but hope to go on with this some time soon.

BR
Sonnich
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/