 Trains / 19650
Re: Q? 4512 Buffer (was: Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO Train Products!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:03:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

I also hope that not everything switches to the click hinges. While some
parts will be nice as click hinges, the old hinges are also nice for
more flush connections.

Me either.

My other concern with the click hinges is that they wear out. There is
abrading that happens every time you move them. While this is true for any
part that has moving surfaces in contact, it's especially bad with these.
Some of my son's hinges (which get a lot more workout than mine do, that is
for sure) are quite loose already.

But on the other hand there are some neat effects you can achieve with these
that might be harder to do with the old 2/3 finger plate hinges.