 Trains / 19623
Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO Train Products!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:46:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete writes:
In lugnet.announce, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Hello again LEGO®  train fans!

The ILTCO is pleased to announce some exciting news, as part of our growing
partnership with The LEGO Company.

<SNIP>

Hi,

Nice pictures but there's something i notice on the two new train sets :
Both will be equiped with a speed regulator,(another speed regulator i pay
for to end up on the shellf) and the 4511 seems to be only a circle track
[no straigts]. Positive is the adition of a point in the 4512 set.
Personally i prefer the 4512, nice model. And the train shed, in one word '
lovely'.
When will they available? I guess end of August, beginning of September?

Regards,
Ludo

How about an alternative available through Shop-At-Home that doesn't include
the power supply and regulator?  Or track even?

4511 looks good, though I think I might pass.  Nice to see a Lego figure
boarding a train with a valid ticket for once though!  Assuming Mr. Blonde
there doesn't nick it...  :-)

4512 is the one for me though - I like the range of stuff in it, even gold
bricks on the fork-lift palette.  Marketing has missed a trick though -
maybe as well as "speed regulator included" and "light included" it could
say "2x6x2 train windows with frames included".

I don't like the introduction of click-hinges on the cargo crates though.
All the old finger-hinges have been phased out, and you can't do properly
sealed canopies anymore.

The fork-lift truck looks cool, as does the truck in the cargo train.  There
are some nice new minifigs and faces in there too, although the fork-lift
driver's grin looks a bit daft.  My only thought is that these vehicles may
show cunning design techniques, but again they're getting away from standard
bricks just like juniorisation.  Okay, it's not as bad and there's always
the designer sets, but it's a thought.

Thanks for sharing these Larry.  I can't wait.

Can I suggest though that on the ILTCO website you make the news titles and
images clickable?  It's not obvious where you click to get the pictures.
Also, can you cut the box backs off those images, or just turn the whole
thing round, in the second copy of each picture please?

Jason Railton