 Trains / 18238 (-20)
  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Right, like O-Gauge trains have. This is the configuration I'm suggesting when I say this. For those who aren't familiar with O-gauge, this means the motor would attach to the body with the pilot and trailing trucks swinging out. Actually, I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) um. I _think_ it would be possible with a x-6-x loco and blind drivers (IE 2 sets flanged, 1 blind in that order) to get them up the boiler. I know it is possible using the old large red wheels and tires to do so with a -2- loco, because I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) This is a good idea - then you can put linkages across a set of six wheels. You'd have one axle blind and just have the other two running on the track. (...) Not so sure about this. The problem with any long wheelset is that it has to be (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to incorporate Large Church into town layout?

(...) I can't answer them all, others will I am sure speak up too. (...) 32 will be more flexible. (...) Depends on the size of the MOC. RTLToronto's template seems reasonable enough. (...) See above (...) Probably. Depends on how long the tunnel (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

(...) Sound like a real must have! Thanks for the information! /Tore (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

You can use Resource Hacker and pull the original bmp's out of the program. (URL) soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> wrote in message news:H4wnJy.CzF@lugnet.com... (...) Holland) (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

(...) I recommend to use the shareware program 'Snagit' in such a case. It's the best screen capture program that I know. One of the many features is that it allows you to capture individual windows (like dialog boxes, toolbars or scroll windows) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

Can you not just do a screen capture of the icons and then in Paint or PaintShopPro modify them? David (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Orient Express Style Train-- Instructions now on-line

James, When I see the super designs you have made I wonder if this is what we will be getting next from TLG. Will you be making some more trains for 2003 - or is this confidential? David (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Help needed with combining town project and train

Could any train enthousiasts, especially that also build medium or large layouts, help me with some questions as posted here: (URL) should have posted this here to begin with, any help is much appreciated. Paul (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pirates Festival at Mission San Juan Capistrano

Cross posting the attached announcement. Ray (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: My opinion on drivers...

(...) Also, we need a small size to replace the pulley wheels, since pulley wheels don't have flanges. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My opinion on drivers...

If (and when, hopefully) Lego makes drivers for steamers, I think they need to meet this criteria: Available in both blind and flanged versions. Available in medium and large versions. Large ones would be about 1 1/2 times the height of a minifig. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Track Designer button icons

Hi, Is there someone who can send me the used icons that appear on the Track Designer buttons (straight track, curved track, points, cross) ? I'm thinking on Matthew Bates, Leonardo Zide , .... I have a DCC system (showed on the latest LEGO WORLD (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) I have several such maps... Most of these are done in a 1:1000 scale, but they are all Dutch so I can only say that it's a standard drawing for the Netherlands (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signalling (was: Track geometry in real life - need resources)

Well not really relevant to the topic, but an interesting site I found while browsing for info ... (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) The last set I bought (OS 25"/mile maps) cost me ~$120 CDN (50 UKP). For a relatively simple station, the maps were expensive (they are reprints, of respectively, a 1865 and a 1905 map of Long Marton, on the S&C Railway) (...) (URL) dug up a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Sure does! Thank you very much. This plan is especially good for its clarity in the schemes - I wonder if there is a worldwide "standard" for representing tracks? Pedro (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) Thank you very much for these links! I've already found a couple *large and complicated* yards (Buffalo comes to mind) when browsing the site minutes ago, and it sure looks promising - there is work for me in here for plenty of time! Pedro (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track geometry in real life - need resources

(...) :-( That is the tough part... all the (few) train stations near my home have a relatively simple design. Which in itself is probably good, but not for my present study. (...) I do understand that "true" track has a lot more flexibility than (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact