 Trains / 17579
Re: Definitions: LUG or LTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:50:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
As I said we had to have a tax ID number in order to do business with one
client that was ready to pay us a pretty decent amount of money.  We looked
into the 3 options you suggested (partnership, non-profit group, or
Incorporation).

Did you look into forming an LLC or an LLP?  In a regular partnership I'd be
worried that someone would slip on a brick or something at a NELUG event and
try to sue the pants off of the partners.