 Trains / 17542
Re: Maersk Blue rules! (was "?" at the end... there is no question in my mind!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:28:54 GMT

LEGO: Pleeeeaaaase bring the Maersk sets BACK ! ;) Why not remake also the
promo sets as legends ???
And... what could by very cool - make some of the older town sets in Maersk
colors ! This combination (light-blue - gray) is very nice !
I know... you need the licence from Maersk... ;(

Rene.

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.promo, Huw Millington writes:
Here's some of it:

http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/maersk.jpg

Hmmm, Maaaersk blue:-)

I'd like to see an articulated (4 truck would be fine) intermodal train car
with lots of big, Maersk containers a la:

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_bnsf_dstack.jpg

Nice cache, Huw!

Nice pun J2, as it's a cache of his catch when he went trawling at RLD! :-)

And I want this...

http://www.maersksealand.com/unitedstates/BNSF_in_shop.jpg

Leading the way! THAT should be the next Lego/Maersk promo set!!

Ya, suppose we lived in dreamland, we'd get that... light blue warbonnet,
neato stickers, new multisloped pieces to do the nose and windshield right,
it would just be a beautiful thing. On so many levels.

If Lionel(r) can do a Maersk Promo train, why can't LEGO? :-)

Also, you may like these pictures:

I see these (writ small) whenever I fly in or out of NYC, SFO and a number
of other coastal places. Grey is all well and good, but the rarer all blue
containers are what to aspire for. That and Maersk blue techic to build the
ship unloaders with (hey, we're in dreamland, I can dream can't I?)