 Promotional / 974
Re: Maersk Blue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 07:15:20 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Todd Lehman writes:
Is "Maersk Blue" (as it applies to LEGO bricks) the exact same color as the
light blue that came out a couple years ago in Star Wars sets and before
that in Scala and Belville?  Or is it a different color?

I *think* I heard at BrickFest that Maersk Blue was made just for the Maersk
promo sets

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=1552,1831,1651_2,1650

and that (somehow) the LEGO/Maersk licensing agreement prohobited LEGO from
reusing the color in non-Maersk-branded sets.  But according to Arne Lykke
Nielsen, who owns the Maersk sets, this might not be the case.  He reports
that the mid-1980's DUPLO set 2756 uses the same exact blue:

  http://news.lugnet.com/promo/?n=944

Did I hear wrong at BrickFest?  Or did LEGO obtain permission to re-use
Maersk Blue?

Does anyone own both a Maersk promo set (with Maersk Blue) and a recent Star
Wars set (with light blue)?  Can you confirm that they are different or
identical colors?

Thanks,
--Todd

Hi Todd,

I own both Maersk and SW sets, and NO, it is NOT the same color. I was
indeed surprised to find DUPLO in the same color, as I thought as you that
it was specific for Maersk promo's.

regards Arne, Copenhagen