 Promotional / 984
Re: Maersk Blue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:16:58 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Huw Millington writes:

"rene virsik" <virsik@sco.svf.stuba.sk> wrote in message
And what about the light-blue used in the Team-Telekom Tour de France • promo
sets ?

The 1x1 round bricks in one of those sets are Maersk blue.

Huw
Guys, guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but neither the Telekom 1x1 round
bricks, nor the bricks in Belville 5842 are Maersk blue. The real Maersk
blue is NOT light blue, it's more like greenish blue or light turquise, and
so far I have ONLY seen them in the Maersk promo sets and in a few DUPLO
sets as kitchen accessories (stove, refrigerator, kitchentable & chairs). I
don't know about any exclusive rights for TLC to use the color, by I used to
work next to the Maersk HQ in Copenhagen, so I've seen a lot of that color -
even the windows in their main building are shaded Maersk blue!
regards
Arne, Copenhagen