 Promotional / 975
Re: Maersk Blue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:32:30 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Todd Lehman writes:
Is "Maersk Blue" (as it applies to LEGO bricks) the exact same color as the
light blue that came out a couple years ago in Star Wars sets and before
that in Scala and Belville?  Or is it a different color?

I *think* I heard at BrickFest that Maersk Blue was made just for the Maersk
promo sets

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=1552,1831,1651_2,1650

and that (somehow) the LEGO/Maersk licensing agreement prohobited LEGO from
reusing the color in non-Maersk-branded sets.

Interestingly though they are allowed to use it at the parks.  At the last
RLD at LLW Guy Bagley, the Chief Modelmaker showed a plate with all the
available colours plus some new ones that were being considered (and a
couple that have been rejected).  He said that the new light blue was the
only light blue available to him now as the Maersk colour is being discontinued.

Simon