 Trains / 16348 (-20)
  Re: remote point and decoupler

An excellent design for that uncoupler, (sighs) I only wish I had the time to build trains with LEGO®. Oh well, DUPLO® will do just fine for me...-Harvey (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  remote point and decoupler

Hello, I just posted on brickshelf (URL) of the remote point and decoupler on my layout. I know there was a tread a few month ago but didn't had time to take part of the discussion. The point is base on a design I saw on the net (sorry I don't (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v layout with opperating possibilities

(...) that will be a good size layout, with a lot of possibility, like you wrote in other post, save space for buiding and other thing, what I do like with lego layout is the life that you can put in compare with traditional model railroad. Martin (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

(...) house under construction. were there any kid at that show? there is none on the picture. Martin (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

(...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

I posted some pictures of the SCLTC booth at the Fullerton CA train show 5/5/02. Warning;The pictures are large. (450kb) I will leave them up for about a week. (URL) Fay THE SHOP (URL) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC Urban Train Station Building Instructions

I've finally finsihed this one... I was a lot of work getting these instructions build but I'm finally done. Some of you may have seen images of our Urban Train Station, well now you can build your own. See image of the real MOC here: (URL) click on (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Yes, it worked quite well. I remember that it is best to have the plunger hit the base of the car just above the magnet to work reliably (also works with the widest diversity of cars). I think all of my test were "bench tests" so I was using a (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Encouraging words, Christopher. Did it actually work (magnets are quite strong!)? How did you provide power? 8w would of course make it easier to conceal within the loco body but I still think the only real benefit would be with remote or (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

For all you potential railfans out there, the Baldwin Centipede was purchased by only three railroads. Owners were Pennsy, Seaboard Air Line, and NdeM (National Railways of Mexico) UP had considered an order, but unfortunately declined. Interesting (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) perhaps if he did the same idea with older 2x4 classic windows? (...) lol Ross had started a shark nose about 3 years ago using those gray inverted boat bases: (URL) , but he quickly tired of the project. Perhaps because the element locked (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Tag, Dirk- Here is simple drawing I found quickly of an F3 (the only basic difference between this and our F7s would be the number of portholes) which I used for an online comparison of my F7 with the 10020. It can give you an overall (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Here's a better picture of a centipede which shows the strong cab window resemblance, at least to me: (URL) out all those wheels. Centipedes never wore warbonnet I don't think, Baldwin seems to have better penetration among eastern roads. Now if we (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi Matthias, I've used the 4x2x3 sloped window frame (2352). Both frames are connected by 1x2 tiles. I've used a hinge (2430) to mount it - thanks to Ben for this idea. Holger Matthes (homa) says that the nose is one stud too long. But I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Very nice, Dirk! That window arrangment reminds me of a Baldwin "babyface". (URL) (that first pic is a Centipede but the cabwork is the same for the babyface...). I had trouble finding other pics but the babyface got its nickname because it (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Dear Mattias! I have seen the half built frond end of that engine at our FGLTC Lego meeting in Mülheim. Dirk has used the 2x4x3 sloped window frames from Lego Basic. In result he had to attach them only rotated in 1 direction (while it would (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi Dirk Congratulation to an impressive 8-wide version of the F7 Diesel. The nose and the front window are the difficult parts to model - you have succeded very well. I wish you could explain how the front windows (which are standard train windows I (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Jonathan, I tried this system a few years ago (1999-2000). I don't know if I ever posted pics but I tried two systems. One used a moter to push a 1x16 brick out the back of the engine. I used gear racks to move the plunger. I also tried this (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Thanks Rick - the best ideas are always this simple. Automatic (remote) uncoupling can be effected by a trackside mechanism or an on-loco mechanism. There have been one or two AFOL-created designs for the trackside mechanism however I've never (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

:) (...) This was the culmination of one of those slippery slopes you'd never have started out on, had you known the final destination and the cost ahead of time! Start with a cheapish Sears drill press. Add an x/y cross slide vise and use dremel (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact