 Trains / 15768 (-20)
  Track Designer Parts Library?

OK, so I have exhumed my copy of Track Designer, and find that I don't seem to have the latest parts library. Do I download the latest Ldraw library and expand it into my TD directory? Does anyone have a current (i.e. monorail & baseplates) library (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Town Building Contest: entries close midnight PST Sunday 17th March

Last call for entries!!! The Town Building Contest closes on Sunday 17th March, at midnight Pacific Time. I'm eagerly awaiting all your breathtaking creations! Go to: (URL) read the rules and enter. I will post voter registration info and rules on (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I don't think it is anything to worry about. We (well I am anyway) waiting for Matt and/or Leonardo to sort out the source code, then as a group we should decide what to do with it. Sourceforge sounds like a good idea, we just need to work out (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  My site is back from the dead!

Some of you may have noticed that my site has been down for a couple of days. My web provider lost my entire site along with all the related goodies (mail accounts, server settings). I've restored all the website data, but from the "working" copy. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

wow great work, very good ideas. How about a tram (or streetcar as Americans call it) instead of the metroliner on the upper oval? That would be perfect! Kim Toll <kim.toll@intel.com> wrote in message news:GsxBpx.J1C@lugnet.com... (...) module. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) If I still have the source I can make the SF project and upload it (provided that I get permission). My first goal was to move away from GDI and use OpenGL to draw the track layout to make it possible to port to other platforms (I managed to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Uh Oh! This thread got awfully quiet all of a sudden. I take it that means nobody wants to volunteer to create the SourceForge project... If so, I'll reluctantly volunteer to do it because I'd like to tinker with the source myself someday. I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GsyM82.Eo@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Yep, here it is: (URL) need to revisit this train now that train window glass is readily available and more importantly, 6x28 black wagon (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) I agree. J2 and I both know this is actually starting to happen, since we're on so many other clubs' mailing lists. I won't name names as it's their perogative to announce it as they see fit, but a number of clubs ARE thinking about ways to be (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) George (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Steam power (was: something else...)

(...) Whilst we are getting all esoteric about steam engines, I was reminded of a presentation I saw a week so ago which partly covered Brunel's “Atmospheric Railway”. Basically, IKB tried to built a steam powered railway without a “locomotive”… and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) Was there not a white one posted once? By Mike Walsh? Scott A (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) Are you kidding?? This is fanTASTIC! And the exact kind of layout I have been thinking about building. I was pleased to be able to see the support structure which you documented quite nicely. Congratulations on an outstanding train layout. I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

Have you tried cleaning the track? My 9v was doing something very similar recently, Cleaning the track fixed the problem. It wasn't even that dirty, but it's working perfectly now. -- Jason King LugNet #665 Monte Engel <montengnospam@stellarnet.com> (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) Okie Dokie. Its entered. I entered it under diorama. If you change your mind and decide it would be better in Town, well, that's your call and its fine by me. I also entered my cathedral in the Big Buildings catagory (which I hadn't done (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

Kim Toll wrote in message ... (...) module. (...) small (...) <snip> (...) Yes, definitely it would! There's no time limit on when things were built, just that they cannot have been entered in any previous contest. I'm just wondering whether it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Train motor repair-9v

I have an older #5300 train motor that became very sporadic in operation. My diagnosis is that the rubber O-ring tires that provide the traction are throwing out small amounts of rubber that is then being compressed/melted (by friction?) onto the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) Yes, I agree. This is one of my biggest disappointments. Part of it came from all the trade-offs I made during construction. When working under a deadline, you make the decisions that get you there faster! However, even taking that into (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) I'd love to enter. However, I was afraid that this fell outside the rules of the contest since it was actually built about 1 year ago. Admittedly, I haven't read the rules very carefully. This was just my assumption. If I'm wrong, I'll (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Double Stack Container Cars (was Re: Modern Santa Fe Freight Diesel)

(...) I definitely gathered inspiration from seeing other folks' container cars. In particular, Jake McKee showed me some design construction concepts. I've definitely drawn from several sources on this project. "Building together, building better" (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact