 Trains / 15755
Re: Train motor repair-9v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:43:25 GMT

Have you tried cleaning the track?

My 9v was doing something very similar recently, Cleaning the track fixed
the problem.
It wasn't even that dirty, but it's working perfectly now.

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Monte Engel <montengnospam@stellarnet.com> wrote in message
I have an older #5300 train motor that became very sporadic in operation.
My diagnosis is that the rubber O-ring tires that provide the traction are
throwing out small amounts of rubber that is then being compressed/melted
(by friction?) onto the metal wheels used for the electrical pickup.  I • have
managed to clean off the build-up that prevents proper electrical contact
with the track.  However, as soon as I run the motor around the track, it
starts accumulating a new layer of rubber.  Has anyone else run into this
problem?  Is there a cure?  Is there a source of replacement
tires/O-rings?