 Trains / 14445
Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:56:57 GMT

Blind Drivers, that it. I couldn't recall the name for that. Thanks Lar!
I sorta figured that something this had to be done for the longer model RR
engines (O, HO, N...) but I was also surprised to find that blind drivers
where used for real steam engines! I found this out at my local hobby shop a
couple months ago.
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
Wow, what a wonderful work! You must be a proud ol'man to have a son with
that much talent. That's as good if not better than many AFOL train MOCs.

BTW: How come none of us ever built a chain driven train before, or used a
combo driver wheels flange/sleeper (are those called sleepers, the wheels
with no flange?). Gotta depend on the young'ins to get out of the box!
SteveB

No, sleepers are European for ties.

Flangless drivers are called "blind" drivers (since they can't "see" where
they are going and depend on other drivers to lead them aright), at least in
US practice.