 Trains / 11459
Re: Brit-Rail APT (Advanced Passenger Train)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 19:39:50 GMT

With no further delay (but, don't buy any tickets, yet!), here is my • version 1
of the APT:

That is a superb creation that captures the original very well. You must
build a real one.

I remember once we were train-spotting (oops, that slipped out) on a summers
afternoon on the WCML north of Nuneaton. While lounging around we were
caught by surprise as a super-fast and super-quiet APT on trials. Needless
to say we were awe-struck and jumping for joy. Great train. A friend of mine
at work was one of the privileged few who was a fare-paying passenger on one
of its few revenue-earning trips.

The misconception is that it was a huge failure - almost all of the
technology with the exception of the tilt went into the IC225 and Class 91
loco, I am led to believe.