 Trains / 11433
Re: Brit-Rail APT (Advanced Passenger Train)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 20:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
James,

That is a very nice looking model.  Have you built a physical model?

No physical model, yet.  I am running very low on train-specific elements such
as wheels, doors, roof elements, and windows.  Except for the gray low slope
roof elements, all available at S@H.  Just need some LEGO funds.  I will be
mocking-up an incorrect color version to test the construction once I feel I've
refined the virtual model.  Thanks to Nicholas' pointers, I should be able to
now model the power car and wheels more appropriately.

I also
have a question about the rendering - did you model the track?  Is there a
dat file availible for it?

Bob

I found a .dat file for a prototype 9v straight track section in the lugnet.cad
forum. I search for the keyword "track", I think.  I downloaded this .dat file
and put it into the LDRAW parts file folder.  I use MLCad to construct the
models and I just insert the part by "loading a custom part".  I'm sure there
is a way to have MLCad autmatically list it, but I've been too lazy to pursue
it.

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
I've been working on a pendular mechanism to tilt train cars through curves.
A fun project!  :-)

<snip>

Thanks for looking...and reading!

later,