 Trains / 11435
Re: Brit-Rail APT (Advanced Passenger Train)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 21:40:33 GMT

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
I've been working on a pendular mechanism to tilt train cars through • curves.
A fun project!  :-)

There are quite a few train sets now that employ some type of pendular • scheme,
now; but, for me the Brit-Rail APT was my first introduction to a tilting
train.  (Was it the first to carry ticket-paying passengers?)  So, it • seems
appropriate to outfit an APT with my first pendular mechanism.

James, that is a stunning model -- PLEASE keep the DAT up to date as you
refine it and share it with us all!

Huw