 Trains / 11481
11480  |  11482
Subject:
APT Power Car (was Re: Brit-Rail APT (Advanced Passenger Train))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:57:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Nicholas Allan writes:

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message

<snip a whole bunch of stuff>

I make my judgements on the wheelset based on this photograph here:
http://www.freefoto.com/pictures/transport_rail_modern/apt/index.asp?i=1

The carriages all share their bogies, except for the power car in the middle • of
the train.  This and the carriages adjacent have their own individual bogies • so
that the power car can be uncoupled.

I would say that it's a damn fine model you've (virtually) constructed there.
It captures the look of the APT really well.  Main criticism is that it really
needs the power car in the middle, otherwise it's got no-where to get it's
power
from!

The APT now has a power car.  It's not exactly in the middle.
I used bricks to spell out "APT" on the side of the power car.
No details for either diesel-specific or electric-specific.

later,
James Mathis