 Trains / *9539 (-20)
  The curves are up!

I got done posting the curved bridge(s) on Brickshelf not too long ago, check out (URL) to catch a look. This time all the images fall within a reasonable viewing range of 512x384. There was one overhead I would like to have put up but I'll try (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I think that any "trial" TLC might run must be balanced against the prosperity of this predominantly S@H product line, as well as against the awesome presence of the displays assembled by AFOL's. What other line, with the possible exception of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I... Um... Just reread the rules and realized that I can't enter. Well, I could enter, but I'd be disqualified... So, if someone wants to go and plagerize me, feel free to do so. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I disagree. I am much more confident of the future of trains than some here. And as for this contest having grand galactic significance, I don't see it. Like I said to Suz, it's just a fun contest. (...) Again, I disagree. I don't think TLC (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I too feel afraid for the demise of this wonderful line. I myself am going to submit my tank cars and at least one of my versions of passenger trains. The rules did not say that you couldn't submit something that's been seen out there already. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  the train contest, my thoughts

1.the winner will be something that kids can build fairly easily using stuff from currently available sets and service (also called "bulk") packs. 2.TLG inst out to look for new ideas for the trains line, this contest probobly wont have any affect (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Trains on trial?

Hello everyone, I finally got a copy of the new LEGO S&H catalog. After paging through this I've noticed several new sets. Star Wars, Life On Mars, Trains.....did I say Trains? Silly me, I've noticed that 4565 ain't featured this time. What I did (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Actually, in addition to the Hogwarts stuff, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Diagon Alley and Gringots Bank. If they do anywhere near as good as they've done with the SW sets I'll be happy. Best, Aaron (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

(...) I really wonder if anyone would have such a negative reaction like you describe, Frank. We look at our layout as something akin to Miniland in LL-- not something that people would necessarily even be able to or try to emulate, but something (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I also agree that it's a good idea to have some referents that people can recognize. I was also just thinking that the Castle display at TCS had some stock sets in it (of course that display was also being done for a store which obviously has (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Sure. Not a chance. The LEGO sets will be based on the movie, remember. The movie, unlike the book, has rather tight time constraints. Given, then, that the train will likely be a short scene, I'd be surprised to see a real train set (ie, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

SRC wrote in message ... (...) ;-) "John's guts" are still built and available. Since it's not 100% jam free yet, it should be run with no "grain". At GETS, it ran like this unattended for an entire afternoon. Once you obtain the elevator shell (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G6M711.7tz@lugnet.com... (...) [ .... lots of snippage ... ] (...) display (...) start (...) same, (...) This is exactly the point I was trying to make, Sheree just made it more (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

Can anyone scan that catalog and show it for us who can't get it soon? Br Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

Normally with the NGLTC shows we have three elements to our display areas. First there is the layout itself taking up the majority of the allocated space, then there is the Kids Railway and last we have a couple of information tables (also where our (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, John Neal writes: <snip> (...) I can definitely see TLC taking (or at least trying to take) a more active role in the future. Whether they do or not is up to them and how they present it. It could be presented in such a way (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I didn't state what I meant very clearly... when I said a 4561 built per instructions I meant the just the actual train, not the set. The box is enough to show that some track and the controler is included. One lousey ;-) little 4561 running (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Harry Potter speculation

Seems to me that two sets should be obvious for the HP line comin' up this 2001 fall season, Hogwarts School/Castle and the Hogwarts Express/Train. If so what does this mean for the Train line currently running? Would it too, like the Town line, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

(...) Me either. They already have stepped up efforts in this area. Just ask any of the groups that have gotten support lately. (...) It would be great if TLC had something developed that massed less than the S@H catalog that was targeted to the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I understand where you are coming from, Eric. We at the GMLTC don't display any stock stuff at all, either. But I think that we (TLC and LTCs) are in this thing together, if not officially. And I won't be surprised if TLC decides to take an (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact