 Trains / *23415 (-100)
  Re: teaser teaser (was Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) I was tempted to mention that I fail to see the relevance of your social work occupashion sic to the topic at hand. Luckily, I resisted that urge. Thanks, -s (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Very similar... that raises some Q's, since Ben's design was 100% spot-on. (...) Sounds great! (...) Let's hope the Elf does int'l shipping and has enough supply to meet the demands of us trainheads :D Paypal loaded up and ready! (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  teaser teaser (was Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) I counsel patience... AND that you haunt the leading source of LEGO train information, you never know WHAT you might find there. NO promises, mind you. (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Durnitall. I knew I should have boldfacaed, underlined, and italicized the word "quantifying". (...) Show yourself, Elf, and accept our praises! -s (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Hmmm... A "little more information"... Hmmm... How to put this... How about, "Cheaper than I had expected", or "cheaper than what I had considered a 'fair price'"... I'll leave the actual dollar amount to the Elf, for whenever they're ready to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Could said Elf be coerced to provide a little more information quantifying the "very fair price"? I'd like to know whether I can pick them up with my weekly spending allowance, or whether I shuld put these on a Christmas list? VERY exciting (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Teaser: New Driver Wheel

A friendly elf visited the GMLTC last night, and had real life copies of a new driver wheel, very similar in design to the proposed one discussed here in .trains for the last several days. Elf said I could post a notice about it... So I can say (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I would buy 12 axels, in all three colours !! Red , Black & Gray. Total 36 axels @ $10us each ??? = $360us ??? But, for me to spend that sort of money the design would have to be perfected. So that they work perfectly on 9v & 12v rails. And (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) It's hard to tell what a "fair" price is, because I have no idea what the tooling cost will be, nor how many of them can be realistically sold at which price point. I would like to buy three to six pairs of them, maybe more, but that depends (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I don't think that the fair price for an item that can be produced in almost unlimited quantity (and in fact will have to be produced in large quantity to create return on investment) can reasonably be compared to the price for a collector's (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC reversing loops

(...) The dir is our general VLC member dumping area. It's supposed to be for temporary stuff... But somehow it got linked in to a message. (Probably me not thinking.) That 404 is the standard for a RaQ server. TFM (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC reversing loops

(...) 404s are so unfriendly! Even a generic custom 404 page saying to try replacing (URL) with (URL) might be good... you're already returning a custom 404 as it is, it's all fancy and purple and stuff. (...) Did. (I realise you're not just talking (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) With such prices I'd only buy those I'd need right away, and certainly none to stock "in case" If OTOH it would be around $5 per pair, I'd easily buy 20-30 pairs, just to make sure I don't run out. (Somewhere in my head I've got plans for a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC reversing loops

(...) Hmmm... OH ya. Of course... That's on the VLC site and it moved due to ILTCO requirements... (URL) pretty busy this week, work and the big Trains Event for BC is this weekend. This will be the last display of what you guys are talking about (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) All good ideas! Heck, GREAT ideas. The keychain ones could be the ones that got rejected for being poorly formed or out of round or whatever... Pardon me while I dip into "fantasy mode"... Suppose LEGO themselves got behind third party efforts (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) That's why you'd need an extra pair of wheels to show people at train shows. Have a business card (or a link on your website) to the Bricklink store where ??? is selling them. Make it simple for people to get these, and I think they'd become (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) It's can only be an educated guess but further to this does anyone have an idea of the quantities that would sell. While a lot of AFOLS seem to have an unlimited budget many don't (like myself!) thus while I would like about 12 axles/24 (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) No it doesn't they are bricks with wheels, not wheels attached to bricks. :-) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) This seems a pretty reasonable price (from the market point of view, I don't know about production costs) especially when compared to the price of the large spoked wheel. On bricklink at the moment the cheapest is $4 for a pair and the average (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) well... something more than what I am getting parts for out of the 3033's I bought on sale ( about 1.2 cents a piece) and something less than what I paid for my last service pack of larger drivers. I can't find the number for it offhand, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Oh yea, and another $40 for the 4-8-4 #261 I'm working on... ;-) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I'll toss out a number: $10 for a pair of them... Of course that means I'd be paying $60 for enough of them to rebuild my Challenger! :-) Whatever, it's only money. I've already spent a bunch on other BrickLink orders for parts, why not spend (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote: <snip> (...) To answer your question, Yes. Based on some 'inside' information, somebody is making train drive wheels. I've heard they will be available for purchase certainly before christmas. It leaves me (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR E91.9

(...) Sorry my mistake, I thought it was a freight loco (and so would be brown) As they were green it might be easier to make (maybe!) It looks very good in grey in the photos, (but then thats why they pained the grey!) Tim (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR E91.9

(...) Very well done creation of one of my favourite locos. Searching for more info about the Class (Baureihe) E91/191 I found another Lego creation in green: (URL) not sure if this class has existed in freight brown, I only know this class in (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BR E91.9

I hope I'm not stealing Christoph Eisenring's thunder here but I saw (URL) this> on brickshelf today and was very impressed. A loco like this works very well with sharp lego curves. I especially like the cab windows and the representation of the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Another few issues with clearances - I wonder if you've considered all these... It looks to me as though if you did use a centre round plate, a coupling rod would have a hard time clearing the stud. Not a problem to leave it off though. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we have been "confirmed for show" for the Great American Train Show (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Sorry,I have not had time to read all of the posts on this subject. I would love to see TLC make these wheels. But, I don't think that they ever will. SADLY ,the 12v era has gone. Even though 12v wheels still work fine on 9v .rails. Being this (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HnwEII.10C2@lugnet.com... (...) Schnabel. (...) Nope. Since no company has ever made a real Schnabel car over 36 axles, that is what I'll shoot for. Anything above 36 axles would be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Two posters of Ben's models

Hi all, For those who visit my site now and then or recieve the newsletter (subscribe!) this is not new: there are two new posters of 2 steam train models made by Reinhard Beneke; the BR24 and BR50. Hopefully he has time to convert more of his fine (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce)

  Virtual Rolling Stock/Engines

I've been slowly converting my actual train creations into virtual creations. See pics here: (URL) not much, but it's alotta fun making these cars and engines again in the virtual world :) I realized when updating my rolling stock page that some of (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

(...) Um... 34 axle, right modboy? the current record is 32... ++Lar (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ya I agree. I was only saying that in the universe of design decisions, some matter more than others and this one matters less. But Ben's design does indeed use a standard distance... (...) I look for that reference a lot too. I find it this (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Oh, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks!! Now, as I brought up several days ago -- can I get a dozen in black? :-) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) (URL) Hi John, thanks for bringing up this question! I was thinking about this for a while myself and I decided to do it in a distance of 8 mm (which is same as two stud centers next to each other on a 1x2 brick - or holes in a technick beam.) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Well, I know how pointless it would be to "argue" with Lar (grin), but it would seem silly to not have this be a standard distance. I could easily imagine using a Technic cam or 1x3 liftarm on a wheel. (John frantically searching for FTX (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Good question! It "arguably" doesn't matter as much as some distances though, unless you plan to mount something between them. In many applications you just have the main rod and or connecting rod to deal with and the eccentricity they have is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) snip One question, I can't really tell from the images: Is the distance between the axle hole and the peg hole a standard stud distance? JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

RATS!!!! "Nice model!", says Rob as he scurries off to make his own 32 axle Schnabel. "The world's record WILL be mine! MWWAAAAAHaahahahaa!!!!! Thanks for showing that to me Ben. Rob "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

(...) Hi Rob! Your Schnabel wagon is great - both the virtual one and the real one in grey as well! I think I do even prefer the real one against the other. But concerning your question: "Schnabel Car -World's longest 6 wide Lego train car?" I have (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Ok my bad, sorry John. Your right I must have missed it running and it was the Mallard that had trouble with the bridge if I remember correctly. And I did fail to mention your sound system, its very sweet indeed. jt (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Ahem.........I'm sorry James, but I simplely have to step in here and correct this last comment. Does it run? Heck, yeah it runs! She's a runner on any track with a full head of steam! We ran her for about a full hour before the motor finally (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) No, it wasn't there when I looked. (URL) Hang on, there it is! Jason Railton (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Sorry, I wasn't saying that I though that this was the wrong size, just wondering how you arrived at it. (...) Yes, I should have looked better at the images. The ring aroung the middle of the pin (or where the middle of the pin would be if it (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I'd missed the fact that the 'cover' could be a 1X1 round, that is a veryy good idea. One of my misgivings with a cover was the fact of outside framed locos so this would be best all round Tim (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Developments in the garage door / train car line

(...) later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

Forgot the prototype I loosely based this model on: (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

Can we get a copy of the .DAT file? Or is this one of those models that wouldn't work in the real brick? ;) I like it, but it needs a load..... -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the IT LUG display!

In lugnet.trains.org, Carlo Ottolina wrote (in part): (...) to mind, but this is a family-oriented forum... :-) The station! The plaza in the old town! The 'tile floors' and the plaza mosaics! The *FURNITURE* details in the station! Awesome! (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) I didn't know that Kenny Rogers was into Lego, that's totally cool! :-) -HRH (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

That's pretty good Rob, red being my favorite color of course! I once built a depressed-center flat car using ordinary wagon plates. It utilized two 24 stud long plates and a 28 stud plate for the middle. Quite flimsy, and had a small bungalow on (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

I finally finished my newest virtual MOC - a 12 axle depressed center flat car (Schnabel). Check it out at (URL) (click on "The Other" brick). I added color to this one and believe it turned out great! Feedback please! BM (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Hmmm.. So you did'nt see this: (URL) folder: (URL) Cheers. Carlo LugNet #24 (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Those were made by club member Kenny Rogers, who does he owe royalties too? I'll be sure to have him send a check right away :) jt (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) (URL) the minute deviations in construction are sufficiently different so as to avoid having to pay royalties... ;-) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: multi club show offer

After recently returning to the world of Lego I am looking forward to a show this close to our home. (only a matter of a few miles) Although we are still sorting the newly amassed collection and have nothing yet built ro display, I hope to pick up a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Playmobile ;) jt (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List

I'm giving a presentation about Mindstorms on Wednesday. I have a slide near the end that talks about all the stuff I know people want to see added. Here's what I have so far: RCX === RC communication (but keep the IR port, too) more I/O ports (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) I suspect that what a lot of us want to know is what's the skinny on those black spoked wheels... (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) A third party wheel CLEARLY could NOT have the LEGO logo on it... so your solution of sizing an opening to let the user insert a 1x1 round plate (and thus having the logo on there if they wish) is absolutely brilliant. It ALSO leaves the door (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Tim! ??You are asking why I demand this (bigger than set 7750 and smaller than set 396)? Both sizes do exist. So I see no highly urgent need for those. The size inbetween is not only a compromise, but in my eyes the golden center. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Sorry John, I tried to take some close up shots of it but they didn't come out well due to the lighting in the hall and the fact that the parts are all black. Next time I'll try harder, maybe John Warren can post some insight for you on how it (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Dang, as someone who has been working on a 4-6-6-4 for several months, I'm insanely jealous - and I'd love to see some more pictures as to how it works! Not that I'd be trying to (ahem) "borrow" ideas, or anything... *grin* JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) John Warren built that engine, it is very impressive. It does run but I think there were a few issues with the bridges on the layout, so they will have to be adjusted to allow this engine to fit with out jamming up. jt (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Who built this beauty? (URL) it run? JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) My steam engines are usually driven by generic figures in the original minfig blue shirt with pockets (overalls, rather than dungarees) and a black cap. Several red necker-chiefs/scarves would be a nice addition though. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

Here are some pictures from the November Greenberg show in Atlanta this weekend. It was a good show, pretty good size crowds and lots of excited kids. Due to the fact that it was the weekend of Halloween we tried to include a Trick-or-Treat theme (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LUCNY exhibiting at the CNY Train Fair 11/1, 2

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Salm wrote a lot which I cut one again: Okay, one more addendum from me... (...) I forgot to mention before that our layout was set up to allow at least FOUR trains to run similtanenously on separate lines of track. Most (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LUCNY exhibiting at the CNY Train Fair 11/1, 2

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Salm wrote a lot which I cut: (...) DOH! I forgot that Ben Medinets tok several photos early on the first day with this DigiCam. Here they are -- (URL) again, Ben, for coming all the way to help us out. And thanks for taking (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LUCNY exhibiting at the CNY Train Fair 11/1, 2

(...) WOW! This show went well. 16 feet by 26 feet -- our biggest layout yet and, naturally, the best display at the whole event which used two huge buildings at the New York State Fairgrounds. We must have heard people tell us that 100 times! I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) Obviously not castle, town, SPACE., or starwars. Trimming follow-ups to .general. Lets keep it there. (URL) Admiral Giddens <>< (URL) space. (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) Trains? Who said anything about trains? I didn't see anything about trains! What trains are you people talking about? Steve (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Speak for yourself... :-) The other thing this ignores is that a lot of steam trains (the Castle class certainly) had the main drivers going up through a slot in the sole-plate. That's why they have wheel arches, and why British steam (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trains at Retailers?

(...) Just got Target's wish book in today's paper and it shows the cargo train as one of its "online exclusives". Maybe there's still hope that the high speed train will show up on the shelves soon... Mark (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:HnIs02.Axq@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] When we have the NCLTC layout on display we deal with this one all of the time. Of course, to make matters worse and generate more (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum

The (URL) Southern California LEGO Train Club> returns to the San Diego Model Railroad Museum this holiday season with its biggest and longest running exhibit ever. The layout features six operating trains (including two fully automated ones), a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Best train renderer

(...) If you are just getting started designing legos on the pc, LDraw.org should be your first stop. This is the plcae to get started by downloading Ldraw: (URL) the rest check out the tutorial section here: (URL) will get you started now only (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Best train renderer

I've finally given thought to designing trains on my PC, what would be the best program out there for doing this? -HRH (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) Incredible, looks just like him! LOL :) -HRH (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) Fun question! In my SD-50 I have Han Solo as engineer, with Chewbacca in the fireman's seat. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Most of the above are passenger- DoG is a one off. But, the P8 was a bit more than a make up- there were 3800 of them built. :). Also, when you look at the UK, 9F's have a 60" dia wheel, which is small for most mainline locos- and I am (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: multi club show offer

(...) crossposting to state groops since I forgot to do so earlyer. Also there is still plenty of space so if your interested in hanging out with people from at least 4 different clubs let me know. -->(roj2323@yahoo.com) ondrew p.s. I have a place (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) That's Engineer Jake! (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of this train from Zwolle?

(...) If I'm not mistaken all four trains directly in view on this photo are built by Johan Wind. here are a few other pictures: (URL) (starting from 41) Some more details can be found on his website (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) The trains I build are either driven by themed figs (e.g. the Ice Planet fig in the cab of my Ice Planet train or the World City Police fig that will pilot the World City Police train I plan to build at some point in the future) or in the case (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Who's driving your train?

Been meaning to ask this earlier, but here goes. With the virtual smorgasborg of train MOC's out there, which minifig(s) do you entrust with the throttle/regulator? I know for me that Engineer Max has to be a requirement in the cab of my engines (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  More pictures of this train from Zwolle?

I noticed this trian: (URL) the cocoupler, but the other one - who have built that? Are there more pictures? I have seen a number of pictures from Zwolle, but I can only find this one picture of it. S (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) Now that I actually think about it - forget I asked :-) Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) "Seite nicht gefunden" Is there any other site that has these? Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DD45m prototype CAD

(...) Chris, I got 404 Errors when trying to look. Josh (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) I was hoping to see the trains i've heard blabbering about... Josh (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Raodshow pics up

"Steven Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:HnLILH.23n2@lugnet.com... (...) Looks great - wouldn't be modeled after Multnomah (sp?) Falls would it? ;-) Mike (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Raodshow pics up

(...) Nice... that's so cool! Hope to see the full mountain at BrickFest PDX in Feb 2004. Thanks for sharing the pics, Robin W (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Raodshow pics up

Oh yes a URL might be helpful! :) (URL) more generally speaking www.PNLTC.org SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC Raodshow pics up

Hi All, Well we got the pictures up of the small 5'x5' two loop layout the PNLTC displayed at the Portland stop of the LEGO road show. It is basically 2/3 of a mountain scene that we are working on to be used in conjunction with our "normal" layout. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beware All Grave-robbers!

(...) The ground is made up sand green plates and bricks. The lighting in my living room is really yellow, so it throws off the colors. I was hoping for some sunligt to reshoot the photos, but we've had rain here for a couple of weeks. I was (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beware All Grave-robbers!

Beautiful. I really like the mausoleum and the angel statue. Is the ground normal green? Something about the lighting makes it look half way between normal and sand green. Bruce (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beware All Grave-robbers!

(...) Looks great! It looks like it came right out of the graveyard area in Diablo II :) Love all the little details--lanterns, scythes, and the like! Wonderful job! Dave K (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Beware All Grave-robbers!

I was hoping to get some better pictures of this before presenting it, but time seems to have slipped away. Presenting my MOC for this Halloween: (URL) I got this idea when my daughter placed a skull head on a Harry Potter minifig (nothing scarier (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact