 Trains / *22690 (-20)
  Re: DCC slowing?

"Brian B. Alano" <throwaway@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:HJKpvH.1IqC@lugnet.com... (...) over-heating. Also the bottoms of 10025 and 10022 seem to rub. I've had to replace some plates so i made them tiles... Randall Lee Crabtree (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The track was powered by a RCX. Also we only had 1 engine running and experienced this problem. mark (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) What was supplying the power to the track? An RCX or a commercial DCC controller? If an RCX running LDCC, it may have been the RCX over heating. ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

(...) Glad to hear it. I'll be working on the website tonight with Mark Neumann. -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Snip a bit of intro (...) Thank you and others for the nice compliments to the BR 252 model-- now I know its number designator. (...) I learn more from you, again. I didn't know this. (...) Anton tells (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

I'll be dropping in to spread my diseased presence as well. Hoping the site gets up soon enough for pre-reg. Will bring... um... stuff. Lots of stuff :) Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Dear James, once again you have amazed me with a briliant LEGO® model after an existing design. I have not been too familiar with this kind of loco (in fact I have never seen a BR 232 in in real life, although I live near a bigger train line). (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Thanks for the reply, Mark. (...) Both motors had Digitrax DN121 decoders (...) I don't think the DN121 has this. (...) Both had the factory default speed tables. We ran both motors without loads (okay, 1 had a bumper on it) around the loop, and the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Perhaps the speed of the two motors was mismatched for one reason or another. This would cause the two motors to generate more heat (because they're pushing or pulling against one another) and lead to a possible overheating situation. I've read (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest 2003 impressions and comments

(...) Yes thank you for pulling off another wonderful weekend. (...) So am I, however I think I am driving so I can bring more stuff! (...) YES what a novel idea. This was a big issue. Not even my short boxcar and engine could make it around the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I say it's the overheating. When rtlToronto did NMRA a few weeks back, there were a few engines running for most of the weekend. I got stupid and put 8-10 cars behind one of my locos and, after about an hour, it started slowing down and then (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Never mind the GP-38's, James, I just saw the reference picture you worked from, it has your Santa Fe diesel v5 locomotive up front, just re-color your ready model and use that with this UP car and a few more ones in between the loc(s) and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Executive Car

Neat car. That technic piece is perfect for capturing the look of the rear-lights. The SNOT windows are nice. They make the car look longer. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Were you running any cars with gray wheelsets behind your locomotive? The gray wheelsets have a few known problems, and can make a train come to a halt after a few runs around a track. It normally takes a few hours, but the heavier the cars, the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Jeroen is right, James, that UP car is awesome too and most definetely needs other cars AND a locomotive! A bunch of GP-38's...? :-) Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) This is indeed a great train, both the real thing and James' model are very impressive. Instead of half tracks I would love Lego to make 3 axle motors (again), doesn't have to be a driven axle althrough that would help the traction for some (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

(...) Well done James, extremely well done! Next I see you doing an 111-electric locomotive in white/orange livery... ;-) Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Very well done, James, I may find myself building this model too, we have the real thing running by the house (oh well, about 500 yards away that is) a few times a day, very well done representation of the real locomotive that is rented by (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  DCC slowing?

I have a question abuot DCC. I was first exposed to DCC at our last LUG meeting where some of the motors had been modified. They were running 2 motors on the track on different channels. Then we placed the two motors on the same channel and placed (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific Executive Car

This (URL) Union Pacific executive car> is inspired by (URL) photo> from Jeroen's collection of photographs. Not much to say, except to notice perhaps the SNOT-wise 1/4-curved brick element on the mid-section under carriage and the rear high-mount (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact