 Trains / *15734 (-20)
  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) They were quite common, in fact. Without extensive lateral motion devices, they allow for a longer fixed wheelbase (and more wheels, therefore more weight and tractive effort) than all flanged wheels. They were used in some unusual places, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) LOL That's funny-- maybe I should have bought him more? Maybe I can borrow some of yours;-) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help required

To Derek,Ben,Larry, Thanks for all your assistance in my wheel question. I purchased a bicycle tyre as suggested by Ben and it works great, i have no problems and can make about 100 sets for $10.00 so a bargain, thanks again for all your help and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  12 v. "conversion" to 9v. questions

Greetings, I have a question for those far more knowledgeable and experienced in LEGO trains on which I would greatly appreciate feedback. I recently became the happy owner of a 7740 in very good condition but I intend to run it on a 9v system (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC teaser pics?

Have I missed some teasers lately, or have there not been any? Josh (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We Did It!

"Adrian Egli" <adr.egli@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:GpJz81.2t5@lugnet.com... (...) building, (...) participation (...) with (...) notice (...) Why can't Sacramento have one of these...? I'd be willing to join. : '( -- Markham Carroll (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) Yes! That is one SWEET loco. My kids are both much younger than yours, but I can only hope they enjoy building with Lego as much as your son does. It's obvious from the effort he put into it that he loves Lego and loves you. You must be one (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My First Train MOC

(...) And I'm partial to green because I used to live in Southern territory. In fact, my freelanced N-scale layout, the Lake Jackson & Occoquan, is a Southern subsidiary. I actually started building it before my daughter was born, then it was (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) Sounds like a good RCX project! ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My First Train MOC

(...) That nice, Henry-- I am partial to green because I live up in old BN territory:-) Industrial switchers are fun to model because some of the actual ones even look toyish. Good luck finding more sets on sale and building more! -John (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) Yes, I am (except for the ol' part;-) That's as good if not better than many AFOL train MOCs. (...) No kidding. Sometimes he blows my mind. His last project was a working Gumball machine (using LEGO soccer balls), which utilized the Mindstorms (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: While in Harrisburg... (was: Try for summary of this debate...)

(...) Thanks for the info on that! Regrettably, I don't think I can get away during the day as my days are pretty full and the museum is open 9-5. However if you or anyone else is interested in getting together for dinner this week I'm interested in (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) Good question. He tested it out on curve-straight-curve...aight-etc, but not on points (we have no points currently on the layout, or crossings, for that matter). I will have to have him set up some test track and do some test runs. -John (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

(...) One question- do those wheels manage all track configs? Or does it have problems with switches or crossings? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 0-6-0 Steam Engine

Blind Drivers, that it. I couldn't recall the name for that. Thanks Lar! I sorta figured that something this had to be done for the longer model RR engines (O, HO, N...) but I was also surprised to find that blind drivers where used for real steam (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help required

In lugnet.trains, Craig Roberts writes: I been using the small white technic belts/rubber bands on the wheels of my 4.5v trains. They look a little strange, but give lots of grip on 4.5v track and 9v track. Derek (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My First Train MOC

(...) Thanks. I built it not to match any particular prototype, but I think it has the flavor of this little 25-ton GE switcher (though I must say I found the picture after building the loco): (URL) need some additional parts to add detail and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My First Train MOC

(...) It doesn't looks like anything real (to me), but it's very cute. I think it's a great fantasy switcher. The only thing I don't like about it is the white down near the running gear. Black or dark grey seems more appropriate, though I'm (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train MOC

To me it reminds me of a shortened (majorly!) SD80MAC/SD90MAC. Here are 2 pics for a simple compairison: SD80MAC: (URL) little inset under the raised walkway behind the cab set it off! The vents are simular too. Josh (Allways know that SD90MAC!) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  My First Train MOC

Well, I posted pictures of my first Train MOC to Brickshelf. It's a generic little industrial switcher, made with parts from the Railway Express loco and the Flash Speeder. (URL) be shy, let me have it! All criticism, critiques and comments are (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact