 Trains / 14452
Re: My First Train MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:44:43 GMT

Don't be shy, let me have it! All criticism, critiques and
comments are welcome.

That nice, Henry--  I am partial to green because I live up in old BN
territory:-)

And I'm partial to green because I used to live in Southern territory. In fact,
my freelanced N-scale layout, the Lake Jackson & Occoquan, is a Southern
subsidiary. I actually started building it before my daughter was born, then it
was relegated to storage because we needed the extra room. Now it is in the
basement of our new home, but my interests have changed. My 3-1/2-year-old
daughter loves Lego, and my 9-month-old son already has a Primo train. So I am
shifting to Lego trains in order to be able to share with my kids. When they are
older I will get back to my N-scale stuff (Well, what is left of it. I am
planning to sell some of it off to finance my Lego hobby.)

Industrial switchers are fun to model because some of the actual ones even look
toyish.

Exactly, that's one of the reasons why I chose one for my first MOC. It didn't
require a lot of parts, and since almost every industrial switcher is a little
different from others, it captures a feel without having to be "prototypically"
exact. Now I'll go back and see about adding some additional details to flesh it
out.

Good luck finding more sets on sale and building more!

Thanks!

Henry