 Trains / 14442
Re: My First Train MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Enrique Durand writes:
Well, I posted pictures of my first Train MOC to Brickshelf. It's a generic
little industrial switcher, made with parts from the Railway Express loco and
the Flash Speeder.

Don't be shy, let me have it! All criticism, critiques and
comments are welcome.

It doesn't looks like anything real (to me), but it's very cute.  I think
it's a great fantasy switcher.  The only thing I don't like about it is the
white down near the running gear.  Black or dark grey seems more
appropriate, though I'm guessing that these were the parts available
considering that it is only from those two sets.

My 3-1/2-year-old daughter collaborated, and I think it came out pretty good.
(The helmet for the engineer was her idea, and the way she drives the train, I
thought it was a good one!)

Yeah, I was going to say something about the choice of drivers... but that's
a perfectly good explanation!

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up another Railway Express set or two on
clearance at Target, just for parts. I'd like to build some larger road
switcher-type locomotives at some point.

I haven's seen anything drop below 30% off yet.  Perhaps they won't this year.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com