 Trains / *10974 (-20)
  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

Brian Williams <brian_williams@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:GA49y7.7C2@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) to (...) Of course, then you have the possibility of two trains having a head-on..... ROSCO (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

The scenario you are proposing in indeed a problem. It happens commonly when using block control or reversing loops. A couple sugguestions: 1. If you are using block control, then create shorter blocks and adopt a rule that no two trains can operate (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

I have uploaded some pictures from this weekends NMRA Piedmont Division ((URL) show here in Atlanta this past weekend. When we arrived at the Cobb County Civic Center we found that we were given an bizarre position for setting up, basically it was (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  A question about Insulation between tracks

My friends asked me a question about Insulation between tracks, I am not sure if it will be a problem. Base on some expert's idea, we can insulated tracks using adhesive tape as follow: |----| + ===...===O======= - - ===...===O======= + |----| is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

In l (...) Draper Taper, IIRC. I do like the full width body style locos. Especially up here, having a exposed walkway is stupid in winter weather. It makes for good photos though :) James P (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) Hey, i was thinking or making a F45 too, but i decided apon a simalar locomotive, the SD40-2F, built for the Canadian Pacific Railway. Here are some pictures, i liked the distinctive wedge (has a special name, can't think of it now): (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) Thank you very much! After doing a few shows with PNLTC, I've seen a lot of really nice MOC trains in the last 6 months. Being around these guys has to rub off at least a little. (...) When I was building this, I only had 2 pictures to go on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) A *very nice* first MOC! (much better than my first attempts!) I like the use of the fence pieces on the sides to represent venting. One question on the 'tail end', since I'm not familiar with this locomotive. Should there be a door of some (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My first MOC locomotive

Hello, all- This is my first true MOC locomotive- in the past, I've only worked with 4.5 volt trains. And the 4.5 volt locomotives I made were just slightly modified official sets. I did this up in my LTC's colors, and added a few stickers to pretty (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Yes, the unloading is happening over 4.5 volt track so that I can discharge into a bin below. Also I'm working on making the same section of track act as a scale by using some springs and a rotation sensor. As for the how the RCX will interact (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com... (...) project (...) It looks very good! The overall design of the hopper looks very nice and I really like the working unloading doors. Are you running the hoppers (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

Yeah, even though it's technically "seven wide" it's still a good ol' "six wider" at heart. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: buying trains on the internet in Europe

(...) 1st tip: Find someone around to share that amount with you: Reimann is the cheapest place (for Lego sets) in the www that I know. (...) 2nd tip: Usually the webmaster of www.1000steine.de does not support international shipping, but if you (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

Very nice! And clever too! You do consider it a "six wide" MOC, right? "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

I have uploaded some pictures of my recent hopper car design that has self-closing unloading doors. The "Auto Hopper" is part of a larger project that will include a loading and unloading station via an RCX. This hopper was designed so that it can (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stunning Steam Train

(...) Only the wheels are non-Lego parts ! As you know there are no original wheels in this size, so I had to make them. They are scaled up from an old red wheel from a 4,5V train and with CNC its so easy to produce more than one... Stefan (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Absolutely. My aborted HO layout had an oval of track with a switchback line climbing a mountain (it was developed for a 5'x9.5' space in my apartment, so a dogbone type design just wasn't going to work, but I worked out a pretty nice scheme (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train engines

John, I tried heat shrink tubing a couple years ago. There's temperature problem, it fits nice and snug around the wheels, and the color is good. I guess I never pursued it because the tubing I found was a little thin for good appearance and it was (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Designer (was: 'Dog Bone' - definition)

For the benefit of the "What might be a good track layout" discussion and for sharing track ideas amongst eachother, I reccomend the use of the "Train Depot Track Designer", a great Windows program by Matthew Bates for drawing Lego track layouts on (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: buying trains on the internet in Europe

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GA1xvH.87B@lugnet.com... (...) marks (...) Lets look at some other countries Country - Equivalent price at todays exchange ---...--- ------- UK - £12.99 Denmark - £10.50 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact