 Trains / 10218
Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:41:13 GMT

Yeah, even though it's technically "seven wide" it's still a good ol' "six
wider" at heart.

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Cook writes:
Very nice!  And clever too!  You do consider it a "six wide" MOC, right?

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com...
I have uploaded some pictures of my recent hopper car design that has
self-closing unloading doors. The "Auto Hopper" is part of a larger project
that will include a loading and unloading station via an RCX. This hopper
was designed so that it can be driven up onto a scale and then unloaded by
the RCX if it's carring a load.

The doors are "spring loaded" using a small technic rubber band, thus
allowing them to close tight after being unloaded.

Also you will notice the hopper is actually 7 wide due to the over hang on
the top and the inverted 1x6 plates on the sides for the ribbing.

Let me know what you think.

jt

-----
James Trobaugh