 Town / 3816
  Building Fences

I'm working on an assembly yard (too big for a single building, I've already tried) for a vehicle that is under construction. The area is a minimum of 3 x 4 baseplates, it may grow later. I would like to build a fence around it to keep all of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building Fences

I don't know if there IS an economical way, as you are generally going to want to put vertical plates in place, and just about any part necessary to do that isn't that economical on a grand scale. You could use 1x1 headlight bricks, or technic (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) Although your problem calls for a slightly different solution then what I have to offer, here is an mockup for a heavy duty fence that I am building for my current project. The final fence will only cover a single baseplate but will be a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) <snip> (...) Ooooh.. that's nice. I could see using that as a gated entrance, but I don't have any of the grate pieces. Drat. (...) I'm actually thinking about cheating in a large way. I was contemplating using 1x1 bricks stacked about 6 high (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

Duane Hess wrote in message ... (...) the (...) though.... Well if you don't really care about being able to see through the fence, I use 1x1 bricks with 1x1 plate with clip horizontal stacked on top, 2 pairs high, then technic straws (flex system (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) <snipped links> I would like to have it so that the fence wasn't see-through, but the realities of the situation are pointing in another direction. I just don't think I have the stock of parts available. They are either being used in another (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  RE: Building Fences

(...) Thinking SNOT-wise, you could mount nx6 plate vertically by placing them between the studs of the baseplate...I dunno how pretty that would be though. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) Or possibly have posts with 1x2 technic bricks, with 1/2 technic pins in the hole. You can attach plates (studs-on-side) to the pins. You could do the posts 1x1 if you have a bulk supply of 1x1 technic bricks. ROSCO (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) I have an idea for a shuttered fence, built using bulk bricks from Shop@Home. Get a load of 1x6 plates, and lay down two lines 4 studs apart. Add a second row on top to join them all together into long lines. Then, place 2x8 plates across (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

Thanks, everyone for all of the good ideas. Hopefully I will have some free time available during the Thanksgiving holiday to try them out. -Duane (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

Here is my idea of a fence, you only need lots of (bulk) 1 x 6 plates, and four 1 x 3 plates (two at each end) per straight run of fence. It does't require any bracked type parts to place the fence verticaly, the plate posts can be placed between (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

I have an idea that uses 1x1 bricks, 1x3 plates and 1x8 tiles. Very simple for straight runs, 1x3 elbow plates do corners. 1x1 plates for top caps or and decor you like. I have a picture of the idea at... (URL) Carcanague (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

Fred: (...) horses or cattle. Jacob (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) Hey! I like that. Not really what I'm looking for, but nice and simple. Kind of reminds me of the fence that we had around the yard when I was growing up on the ranch. Good job. -Duane (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Building Fences

(...) Speaking of ranch fencing (and not really what you're looking for), I've been very pleased with the split rail fencing that I slapped together for a show. It's instantly recognizable, appropriately scaled, extremely versatile, and very (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)