 Town / 3817
Re: Building Fences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:31:11 GMT

I don't know if there IS an economical way, as you are generally going to want
to put vertical plates in place, and just about any part necessary to do that
isn't that economical on a grand scale.

You could use 1x1 headlight bricks, or technic bricks with 1/2 pegs, 1x2 hinge
bricks, or (most expensive, IMO), the train mast pieces.  If you have access to
lots of 2x2/2x2 right angle plates, those would probably hold plates up the
best.

Hm, now you've got me thinking of a use for all those 1x8 black tiles I have ;-)

Duane Hess wrote:

I'm working on an assembly yard (too big for a single building, I've already
tried) for a vehicle that is under construction. The area is a minimum of 3
x 4 baseplates, it may grow later. I would like to build a fence around it
to keep all of the undesireable and nosy minifigs out, preferrably something
that they couldn't see through. What are some techniques that are used to
economically build large expanses of fence?

I thought I would bounce this into .Trains and FUT: to .Town since I've seen
some impressive stuff in the multitudinous train layouts that have made
appearances lately.

-Duane