 Town / 3397
  new lego sets? are they crazy?

hi, i just got my new lego S@H 2001 catalog and god am i PO'd. These sets are getting more and more crappier and expensive every day. please dont tell me that the new and stupid, "JACK STONE" sets are going to replace the town, or city sets. are (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) Tell us how you really feel, Joe. (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

On the other hand, I was noticing something on the back of the boxes of the Jack Stone sets: a graphic showing the assembled toy being dropped out of the hand of a child. The point being that the assembled toy doesn't bust into its components when (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) its all in my first post. just because im really mad at the new juniorized lego sets doesnt mean i will be giving up on lego at all. i just wish lego would wake up and see that many people, not just me, feel the same way about these newer (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) Not only that, but it works out so that if you buy a lot of sets (if you're an AFOL with expendable cash for example!) you're saving money with lego's new shipping policy. -Shiri (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

i forgot to mention he Sopwith Camel looks great. its probably the best set in the book. at $50, its a bargain. joe (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I'm not pleased with the direction that Lego has taken in the retail market over the past 4 years, but I'm thrilled with the Legends and Sculptures lines, and pretty happy about Classics and Bulk. I also think that things are only getting (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) ill have to agree with you on the first part, but with the things getting better, i really cant say at this time. with the downsizing and higher expense of these newer sets, people might get turned off by them. if that happens, Lego will loose (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) ill have to agree with you on the first part, but with the things getting better, i really cant say at this time. with the downsizing and higher expense of these newer sets, people might get turned off by them. if that happens, Lego will loose (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I won't fight you on this point. (...) Nope. Town and city are long gone and aren't being replaced. (...) Not true. If you read the boxes of the Jack Stone series you'll notice this: 'Ages 4 and up'. Name me the last town set that was made (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I don't think that there is any danger that Lego will go under; its status as the icon/juggernaught of construction toys is still secure, although perhaps not what it once was. LD really has the potential to turn the whole company around. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) WHy not have the Jack Stone crap for the step after duplo, as Lego says, but also have classic town at the same time? Doesn't seem so far-fetched to me. (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) other (...) Well it sucks! At least in Canada, where a "3.99 US" set has $4.50 US shipping. And they the want our taxes in US$..... Now I never use S@H, even though I would use it every month if not for the misleading and unreasonable princing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) So you think it makes more sense for Lego to charge $8.49 for that set? What if I want 10 $3.99 sets? If I get whacked for the shipping each and every time, I might as well order them seperately, which means it will cost LEGO the absolute most (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) remember (...) No, but they used to get by charging about $4.50. Shipping charges didn't used to be huge on the little sets. (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) remember (...) Might be saving money on shipping, but not on Lego. I have wondered for years why Shop At Home feels they need to charge so much for their Lego. Aside from selling below retails and messing up competition and such, S@H should be (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I agree. (...) ? The North American catalog only charges taxes if you live in CT. (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I agree with the people who think lego should keep Jack Stone as a DUplo set or something on that order, and still have a town or city theme for older people, say from ages 10-up. they shouldnt kill the popular town theme for a newer theme (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) There is a very good reason why Shop@Home doesn't have all the sets at 25% off every day. Lego makes the vast majority of their money through the retail chains. And they can't afford to anger those chains. If people know they can go to ToysRus (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) Simple. You can't make money on a product that sits on store shelves and collects dust. Town wasn't selling well, so it was time to fix that. Once Jack Stone doesn't sell, they'll see the error they made and 'fix it' again. (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GHLnnq.Lpw@lugnet.com... (...) What about all the s@h exclusives? The number of sets, bricks, available only via s@h is increasing rapidly. Though they are not undercutting the retailers as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) via s@h is increasing rapidly. Though they (...) I can't try to defend Shop@Home on those accounts. Why they can't make bulk bricks at a more reasonable price, I don't know. Why we have to pay upwards of 10 cents a piece for basic bricks, I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) Joe.... let me help you with your rant. (...) Well put.... no help needed here. (...) Isn't is odd that the Jack Stone minifigs look a lot like the Megablocks minifigs? Why is this? What's wrong with the standard minifig? (...) No..... it's (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) Allan, I agree. Everything you said was 100% true. Lego just isnt the way it was 4 or 5 years ago. I believe someone said that the Town theme didnt work well, so Lego introduced the Jack Stone series. Once Lego sees that the JS theme won't (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.town)