 Town / 3416
Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 06:30:53 GMT

In lugnet.town, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.town, Constantine Hannaher writes:
Lego separated the cost of shipping in the Shop at Home catalog, if I • remember
correctly, so that the price of the individual items could be compared to
other sources more easily.

Not only that, but it works out so that if you buy a lot of sets (if you're
an AFOL with expendable cash for example!) you're saving money with lego's
new shipping policy.

-Shiri

Might be saving money on shipping, but not on Lego.  I have wondered for years
why Shop At Home feels they need to charge so much for their Lego.  Aside from
selling below retails and messing up competition and such, S@H should be able
to sell at much lower prices than retail outlets.

Figure this:
A retailer must buy Lego at wholesale and then sell at or near MSRP.  Last I
knew that markup was only 35% above wholesale cost (mega-retailers probably buy
for less and have higher markup).  SO...this means that the Lego that S@H sells
could be selling for as much as 35% LESS since all they have to do is store it
in a boring warehouse and pay a few people to answer phones, manage inventory,
and pack up boxes for shipping.
I am waiting for the day that S@H gives us all 25% all stuff every day.

Either that or I want  to team up with an independent toy retailer and buy my
Lego sets at slightly above wholesale cost.

So...why are we all suckers and pay too much for stuff from S@H ????

__Kevin Salm__
....I spend way too much on Lego....

.