 Town / 3403
Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.town, Joe Franco writes:

Tell us how you really feel, Joe.

its all in my first post. just because im really mad at the new juniorized
lego sets doesnt mean i will be giving up on lego at all. i just wish lego
would wake up and see that many people, not just me, feel the same way about
these newer sets. if you look in a catalog from 1996, and compare it to the
2001 catalog, you probably wound be able to recognize the newest sets as
Legos. the parts are becoming cheaper, and more, well, juniorized. i bet the
new Metroliner and Club car sales will boost up sales drasticly, since
they're so popular, but i dont think lego will make alot of profit and
capitol on these newer, cheaper sets. tell me, how do you feel?

I'm not pleased with the direction that Lego has taken in the retail market over
the past 4 years, but I'm thrilled with the Legends and Sculptures lines, and
pretty happy about Classics and Bulk.  I also think that things are only getting
better (spectacularly better, in fact.)

james