 Technic / Bionicle / 268
Re: TOHUNGA throwing Slizer discs! on bionicle.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:24:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Christian Gemünden writes:
As a funny side note. All the blue guys seem to be female (other than the
rest of Mata Nui). Gali, Nokama and Maku are all female! Also, Maku seems to
be in love with Huki. Not only does she (quotating bionicle.com) "paddling
upstream in her canoe to spy on Huki the Koli** champion. " but also she has
a poster of that guy in her hut! Yes, indeed she has. Go to Ga-Koro and
visit her in her Hut (she's temporary locked up there by Nokama), in the
background you will find a poster of Tohunga Huki. I'm sure their
relationship will play a big role on Mata Nui later... (but that's going too
far from the subject now.)

** Koli is a famous sport on Mata Nui, similar to soccer I think.

Hey Christian,

you must be correct on that one! Maku certainly is in love with Huki. I have
taken a screenshot of her room and uploaded it on our server so that
everyone may see her room (even those who have not rescued Ga-Koro yet):

http://www.brickmaster.de/images/bio_maku_room.jpg

You can clearly see an image of Huki being in the background, along with his
disk. This brings me to another conclusion:

Could it be, Christian, that the famous sport on Mata Nui, called "Koli"
does somehow involve these disks. For me it looks like that might be a
possibility, but we'd need to be able to read the letters on Makus poster,
that would help us a lot already. Oh dang! Hold on a minute, I do have a
Bionicle alphabet translater somewhere around here that might help us to
read the letters (as well as all the other letters on Mata Nui ...

(going away searching his Bionicle dictionary...)

There it is, now we should be able to read everything:

" To Maku

XXXX XXXX
XX XXXX

Huki "

Sorry Christian, but the text in the middle of that poster is too small, I
can't make out the icons so I can't translate it either. Hm, let's see if
some official employee can find out what the text actually says. It would be
neat to find out more about the realtionship of Maku and Huki and maybe the
poster really also tells you more about the sport called Koli. I hate it to
be patient, but that's the way it is.

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de

Oh - I was just about to leave that village, when I noticed the other
letters on the gateway to it. I used my dictionary to make out these symbols
too. It says "Ga Koro" ! Of course it does, I should have known that myself,
grr!

I'd better go to Jala now and ask him if he can help me out with that text
on Makus poster...