 Technic / Bionicle / 261
Re: TOHUNGA throwing Slizer discs! on bionicle.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:39:47 GMT

Okay, now I think I have really calmed back down to normal (if you may want
to call that normal). But I still wonder why I am discussing the latest news
found on bionicle.com all on myself. Well, I don't care. I'll keep
discussing, maybe someone jumps in and adds his view...

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Christian Gemünden writes:
Each Toa (hero) has a Turaga (priest) and there are also lots of Tohunga in
their villages. We knew about that so far, but what we didn't know so far is
that there is one Tohunga for each village that has it's own feature. These
are obviously going to be real sets with many many new special elements and
colours.

So we do now have five categories of sets:
Makuta Sets (rather large sets containing two mosnters each out of ten)
Toa Sets (the lids we all know containing one hero each out of six)
Turaga Sets (the smaller boxes that contain one priest out of six)
TOHUNGA Sets (exteremely small boxes ??? for each of these six guys)
Kanohi Sets (small polybags with different contents *)

Each Tohunga includes many new special Tohunga elements. Their arms seem to
allow them to THROW THEIR INDIVIDUAL SLIZER/THROWBOT DISKS!!!

It's not difficult to make a list of pieces each set contains:
feet, body+arms, head, mask, disk.

The feet show some Technic pins and will be attached to the body that way.
The body is a new element too and it looks like the arms are already
attached to it, rather than being seperate elemens. The head looks like a
new piece to me as well, since the usual heads are slightly different.
Looking at Kongu carefully, you'll see that the head is different than the
Toa/Turaga ones, also it does not need any eye-pieces, as their eyes simply
seem to be grey which means part of the actual head, no seperate elements.
The mask seems to be the standard mask of the according TOA, but along in a
new colour each (the same new colour also found for the feet). The only
figure that does NOT have the TOA mask seems to be Maku, as she comes with a
"Huna" mask (which actually belongs to Vakama) but in blue (which is a TOA
colour). I think the reason for this difference is that another transparent
Kaukau wasn't to be released by TLC. Also, Maku is obviously the only figure
that stays within the typical "tribe"-colours:

Huki uses tan and orange rather than tan and brown.
Onepu uses black and purple rather than black and dark grey.
Kongu uses light green and turqoise rather than light green and green.
Jala uses red and yellow rather than red and orange.
Matoro uses white and light blue, rather than white and grey.
However, Maku uses the usual tribe colours light blue and blue only.

As a funny side note. All the blue guys seem to be female (other than the
rest of Mata Nui). Gali, Nokama and Maku are all female! Also, Maku seems to
be in love with Huki. Not only does she (quotating bionicle.com) "paddling
upstream in her canoe to spy on Huki the Koli** champion. " but also she has
a poster of that guy in her hut! Yes, indeed she has. Go to Ga-Koro and
visit her in her Hut (she's temporary locked up there by Nokama), in the
background you will find a poster of Tohunga Huki. I'm sure their
relationship will play a big role on Mata Nui later... (but that's going too
far from the subject now.)

Also, they all come with TOTALLY NEW MASKS!!!!!!  The strange thing is that
their masks use the same shapes we have already seen, but either in a
totally new colour/shape combination or IN COLOURS WE HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE!!!

Actually, that distribution is not all too strange as it looks at the first
glance. Each Tohunga has the typical mask, just in a new colour. For some
reason, the Kanohi Kaukau gets a special place again and mixes up the entire
pattern (but we are all used to the fact that the female have to mix up
everything, right?). Now, it looks like LD has more and more confusing
things to look up now. Who else think that there will be a THIRD BATCH OF
KANOHI in all these new colours:

yellow, purple, turqoise (lightblue and orange in TOA shape, blue in Turaga
shape) . . .

Note that the Mukata also use these new colours:
Tarakava: Kakama turqoise
Nui-Jaga: Pakari purple
Nui-Jaga: Pakari lightblue
Muaka: yellow colour, but infected Hau.
Nui-Rama: Ruru transdarkblue

Come on LEGO Direct: PLEASE give us the FAQ as soon as possible. The longer
you wait, the more new curiosities will have shown up!!! Also, as you are
digging through the mask mystery anyway, try to find out how many Bionicle
disks there are going to be for that matter...

And ALSO , when will the Tohunga sets be out in the stores, eh ????

Lots and lots of new questions, hopefully some more answers soooonn...

* The mask debacle seems to have just gotten another confusing batch along
witzh the 6 new Tohunga masks. Also, how many Bionicle "Slize" discs will
there be. Obviously at least 6 will be available, but there are some kind of
coloured dots on them again, so who knows where LEGO will take this thing
next, along with the Video Games, PC series, Comic strips, Tradings Cards,
Audio-CDs, . . .

** Koli is a famous sport on Mata Nui, similar to soccer I think.

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de