 Technic / 9609
Re: new crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:17:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
I'm still a crane virgin *gasp*

You're not really a technic builder till you've done a crane 8?P

I know, I know!

I can't decide on who to do first, I want it to be special, loosing my
virginity and all. Still it needs to be pretty basic although I have read a
fair deal about it, I still lack field experience :)

Havent seen a gantry crane or a derrick crane for a while....

I saw a gantry crane last summer, I actually climbed it (84 meters high) but I
did not feel like climbing all the way down again so I jumped (!) off it!

Here's the crane:
http://www.astud.chalmers.se/mirher97/high_structures/engelska/eriksberg.htm

I have some videos and photos of the jump but that was on my old domain
(arnesson.nu) and that is inactive now. I might try to reproduce the crane in
LEGO some day.

And I would not hesitate to jump again, wildest experience so far in my life.
Even beats parachuting 'cause you realize the ground is for real. Someday I'll
go to Queenstown NZ and top it! :)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu