 Technic / 9580
Re: new crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:36:51 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=scuba
I'd like some descriptions of the functions though, is it motorized? How is it
controlled, what functions does it have etc.. (about both MOC's of course).

Highlighted!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)

well at this point both are still hand powered, all of the gears and other
related stuff is there, but i have no motors. that however will be the next
thing i buy.

the crane has three winches, one lifting winch all geared to not move unless
i want it to.  a whip line thats just an old lego winch, its more for looks,
we all know how easy those unwind when any weight is put to the line, and
last a line to pull back the mast, its parted 9 times but has room for 10.
it will break down into modules in all the places the real one does, and is
almost able to fully erect it self, i still have to be the power , lift the
mast and reave everything.

the bobcat is like the above no motors, but the arms are raised with a gear
block, the rams on the side are only for looks (please lego make longer
rams!), the bucket uses a small lego ram and is built with beechwood (a
bucket made of lego weighed to much). due to space and size, i am not
planning on motorizing this one.
if i left anything out ask, i will tell.
steve