 Technic / 5931
Re: New Tower Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:39:09 GMT

Use kite string, the kind used for stunt kites. It has very little stretch
and comes in varying weights that go as high as a 100 lb.

--
Michael Camilleri
"Andrew" <ABNews@tesco.net> wrote in message news:GIqDxM.Aoo@lugnet.com...
I have just updated my web site with a new tower crane built a few weeks
ago.  I would very much appreciate your comments.

Something I am interested to know is what type of string you use for your
crane winch?  I used Carpet Stiching Twine for it's strength however it • has
a lot of twist and consequently I was not able to make a 1 to 4 winch as
without a fairly substantial weight on the hook the whole thing became • tangled.

Best Regards

Andrew

http://homepages.tesco.net/~andrew.bissell/index.htm

follow the pull down menu to 'Model Index'