 Technic / 5900
Re: Technic beam colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:19:43 GMT

Hi Klaas ;)

Gotta try that, but jeez, Jennifer's comments sure do depress.

I think the key is to keep ole mr. sun away.
My oldest lego is from 30 years ago and now pretty worn and scratched from
use.
But way back when, we were fussy about using 'bad' pieces and set them aside
(for my younger sister to play with, so as not to be annoying us, I have
been  told recently)
The rest went back into their box and certainly they haven't discoloured too
much.
But I'll try ole mr dashboard-spray in the interests of science (and lifting
depression...)
Or buy some bulk and bury it in a black sack

BTW Klaas, I thought you inveigled TLC into selling you many tonnes of NEW
black beams !?

Ronan

Klaas H. Meijaard <groenbed@tref.nl> wrote in message
Cumulative scratches
on black also tend to have quite a large effect over time, reducing the
visual appeal significantly.

I think I've been looking at these bricks for too long :-)

Jennifer

Tip from a 'huge-amounts-of-black-used-beams-collector' = me:

1] At your garage or local tank-stop: buy Car-Interior Dashboard Spray.
2] Apply lightly on 'any' Lego and whipe with soft cloth ==>

a] color fresh again
b] visible disappearence of scratches, especially nice with the black • ones.
c] your bricks 'feel' like they come right out of a new polybag!
d] nice smell too...        :-)

Additional Tip: do it only with the visible bricks on a model. It's quite • a lot
of work!

Additional Tip for Jennifer: throw all your gearing-stuff on a kitchen • towel,
spray as hell but don't wipe out! After drying gears run more smooth and • silent.

Happy finishing touch, regards,
Klaas H. Meijaard