 Technic / 5876
Re: Technic beam colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:45:56 GMT

Perhaps my order might be :
Blue, White, Green, Grey, Red,  Black, Yellow, Others.

(Availability and set frequency probably influences this!)

Interesting are the combinations used.
The almost edible red/yellow in 8872, the cool blue/white in 8042
OTOH, the black of the code pilot 8479, the crane truck 8846 - where green
was
more apparent on the box than in it - are disappointing, colourwise.
Likewise 8462 (tow truck)  where some more blue/grey rather than black might
make it more striking without being garish.
Yellow you can't dislike, there's so much of it - particularly
(authentically !?) in
the diggers 8862, 8853, 8235, 8828 which are to be honest probably my
favourite sets.
But the 'colours' grey/black as a basis, for chassis parts etc., makes a lot
of sense;
though perhaps the 8862 and 8853 are TOO yellow.

Black is hard to work with and tiring;
White is tricky, in that it too obviously discolours with age.
But it is beautiful in pristine condition and works well with anything else.

Thoughts from the emerald isle ..
Ronan

Steven Lane <Steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message
In order of preference my favourite colours for beams is:

White
Gray
Black
blue

I dislike red and find yellow is only good for excavators and things
coloured yellow. The other colours are so rare as to be rendered useless
(green, purple)

Now what I'm wondering is, is this preference common to many technic
builders or just me. I'd be particularyly interested in hearing from uk
builders as some bi-laterally usefull swaps may be in order.

Steve