 Technic / 5881
Re: Technic beam colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:58:57 GMT

"Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com>
In lugnet.technic, Ronan Webb writes:
Perhaps my order might be :

White is tricky, in that it too obviously discolours with age.
But it is beautiful in pristine condition and works well with anything • else.

Not had that problem yet and yes.

Give it some time and you'll see it, in fact on a paranoid day I'm sure I
can see it on the white on my skip truck already. The real trick is to put a
mint white brick next to your older ones and do a direct comparison.

Blue is also another bad colour for fading, the blue parts I have dating
from 1980 or so (the technic motorbike + sidecar mainly) look diabolical
compared with newer blue parts - they seem to have become lighter and taken
on a brownish/green tinge. Grey can also suffer badly with age, suffering
from the brown effect quite badly too.

Yellow and red seem to stand up best of all, losing a bit of the colour
intensity but are otherwise fine, and black is not bad although I am sure
some very old bricks take on a slightly greenish hue. Cumulative scratches
on black also tend to have quite a large effect over time, reducing the
visual appeal significantly.

I think I've been looking at these bricks for too long :-)

Jennifer