 Technic / 5884
Re: Technic beam colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 17:52:21 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:

Give it some time and you'll see it, in fact on a paranoid day I'm sure I
can see it on the white on my skip truck already. The real trick is to put a
mint white brick next to your older ones and do a direct comparison.

I agree, I find white suffers most from scratch's which then fill with dirt.
That makes them look really bad.

Blue is also another bad colour for fading, the blue parts I have dating
from 1980 or so (the technic motorbike + sidecar mainly) look diabolical
compared with newer blue parts - they seem to have become lighter and taken
on a brownish/green tinge. Grey can also suffer badly with age, suffering
from the brown effect quite badly too.

I know the blue problem all too well, I noticed when assembling a wall of
old and new blue bricks the green tinged old one's stuck out like a sore
bum. I reckon keeping bricks out of the light would slow down the
discolouration. Light is always blamed for these sort of things.

I think I've been looking at these bricks for too long :-)

Oh me too, definately :-).

Steve