 Technic / 5695
Re: converting 8880 4 wheel drive to regular hubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:09:47 GMT

go to Lego's site about the trucks, an get the biggest wallpaper image they
have,
the one with the off-road  background. Now look at the inside of the front
right wheel that's visible, you can vaguely see the parts used to make the 4
wheel drive ,and it uses power puller wheels.

Gary
that's the longest thing I've typed in 3 months.odd.

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

Whilst it looks nice on paper, and works on a static model, as soon
as you try to move the vehicle forward there is not enough to hold
the wheels on.  Especially the large power puller wheels I was
trying.

That was what I feared.  Thanks for reporting back on this!

BTW, isn't there rumour in the loc.uk group that the new 4x4 8466 has
some new part(s) which can be used to make steering wheel suspension
on ordinary wheels?  Or did I misunderstand something?

Fredrik