 Technic / 5149
Re: converting 8880 4 wheel drive to regular hubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:02:18 GMT

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

I haven't pulled my 8880 apart yet, but was thinking of building a
4x4 using the 8880 running gear together with the large power
puller wheels.

Just a quick comment here.  The new 4x4 which is due out soon will
probably have the parts needed to build just what you want.  If you
can wait for it's arrival, that is.

I've heard reports from people who have played with it that it does
indeed have independent suspension, steering and four wheel drive.  So
I figure it must have some kind of 8880-like solution.  It will be
exciting to see what it looks like!

Fredrik