 Technic / 5117
Re: converting 8880 4 wheel drive to regular hubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:54:41 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
I haven't tried this myself, but here's a conversion courtesy of Jeff • Boen:

<URL:http://home.flash.net/~onyx/Sehr_Schnell/
Sehr_Schnell_8880_Wheel_Conversion.htm>

If it works the way it looks like, you may be able to retain all the
functions of the 8880 suspension for normal wheels.  The wheels will
be offset more, though, so you'll have to live with a wider wheel
base.

Thanks Fredrick, that looks great.
Will give it a whirl tonight.

Actually, my plan is for a 6x6, and I wanted front and rear steering as
there is too much friction from the wide rubber on those big wheels for
turning.
I don't plan to have shaft drive between the 3 axles, but 3 engines instead,
one per axle.

With those big wheels, good suspension, and all wheels driven, this thing
should be unstoppable!

regards
lawrence