 Technic / 5696
5695  |  5697
Subject:
Ball & socket joints.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:32:30 GMT

I have a question about the colors for the ball and socket joints.  do they
make grey (light or dark) sockets and or balls. (the ball by itself not when
it is part of a larger piece*) I have a number of black ball and socket
joints in a mech that I built I am very happy with it (I'm awaiting a few
parts to complete it and then I plan to photo graph it and show it on
.mecha) but it is black and I have learned that black doesn't photograph
very well.  so I am in the process I building a lt. gray version (with minor
improvements, I'm awaiting even more parts for that one) the problem is that
the ball and socket joints are exposed at the elbow and shoulder and while
black doesn't look bad dark or light grey would look so much better.  I've
seen a bunch of colors for the sockets in throwbot and bionicle sets.  Lt.
blue, blue, yellow, white, purple, green. +(there are probablly more) but
never grays.  also does the Bionicle Onua have dark grey sockets I can't
tell in my S@H catalog.

How you can help me.

John

*I'm doubt I could bring myself to cutting the ball and t-axel off of these
parts