 Technic / 5701
Re: Ball & socket joints.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:57:00 GMT

Thanks. That was very helpful. tho I was hoping that there were grey sockets
and balls I guess I'll just have to use the black ones for now.  oh well, I
guess the next mech will be blue, lt gray and black. and the one i'm
building will just have exposed black joints.

I hope lego puts out a ball and socket assessory pack. I have pieces of a
storm trooper, C3P0, Kopaka and Lewa that I have bought mainly for the b&s
joints, just lying around  (but I surprisingly used quite a few more parts
than just the joints)  but untill TLC make the B&S accessory pack.  I guess
I'll just have to keep buying those sets.

John

Hi John,
Here's the rundown: Bionicle is the first time Lego decided to go with
black socket parts as their main color. White (Kopaka) and Blue (Gali) are also
available via the six main sets. Howeverm with either of these sets you'll get 4
black sockets for every blue or white one you want. Onua is black/Dk. grey. The
arms are dark grey, all sockets are black.

Light grey ball arms are FINALLY available via Kopaka, meaning that those of us
who like to work in light grey can finally do it. The ball with axlehole part
seems to be available in light grey in only one set so far: Tarakava-the $50
Rahi set. It might be available in one of the other sets. I don't know for
certain because I don't own them yet.

Dark grey ball joints were only available in the Throwbot known as Granite.
You'll see the cut down throwing arm version on my mecha: Sagittarius as shown
http://members.home.net/legomecha/lego/mecha_hi_zodiac.html The socket part has
never been made available in either grey to my knowledge. I'd be buying them
like mad if they were. The locking socket part (Lewa's Hand, Pohatu's Hand) has
been available in Dark grey in the Granite set and probably other sets as well.

Sockets have been available in the following colors: black, white, red, yellow,
orange, blue, sky blue, tan, purple, teal

The click sockets have been available in these colors: black, red, blue, sky
blue, tan, purple, teal, green, dk. grey.

Traditional throwbot arms (double ball near 90 degree) were available in these
colors: black, white, tan, green, lime, yellow, light grey, dark grey, blue,
purple.

Other colors for these parts may be available, but those are the ones I know
about.

I hope that was helpful,

-Dave Johann
LUGNET Member #524