 Technic / 4375
Re: Pre-1995 strong pieces/attachments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:35:03 GMT

Ross Crawford <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote:

what I've noticed is the black friction pins - many models I've bought
already built I've found it extremely hard to remove these, requiring me
to push with an axle very hard. A couple I haven't been able to remove at
all - I had to drill them out. And it seems to affect the "Slotted" pins
as well as the older un-slotted ones.

I've had one old-style black friction peg get permanently stuck.

After trying to use the old ones and getting frustrated trying to modify
an existing construction that used them, I sorted all my friction pegs
into new and old ones, and put the old ones in my "don't use" bin. Their
stiffness is not worth the bother for me.

--
Kevin Reid: |    Macintosh:
  "I'm me."  | Think different.