 Technic / 4285
Re: Pre-1995 strong pieces/attachments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:51:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Martineau writes:

I've been having problems with eight tooth gears and short (<6) axles. it
seems that in certain combinations, an 8-tooth with slide all along a six-
or four-long axle, IOW, no gripping. and then there are those that i can't
put on an axle w/o a hammer... Also, the motors (geared and ungeared) can
not hold an eight tooth to save their skin. It takes some searching to find
an 8t that fits a little tighter than the others.
Any body else find this so?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I've actually started (gulp!) distorting those loose
8t gears by resting them on a couple of teth & squeezing - you've gotta
becareful no to squeeze too much! Also a few of my 8t have cracked (not the
ones I squished!), making them un-usable where friction is required 8?(

ROSCO